Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Interesting Enough Dream...Snippets/Snapshots/Remembrances


*I performed on stage singing, they loved it, then these girls rocked hard and the crowd went even crazier for them (they were girls from the MSU English Department).

*. It was in an open air stage. Hundreds of people from MSU, my hometown of Fairfield, MT, and my family were there, in the middle of Hawaii. But there were still lots of peope all around. The alcohol table at the back was out of plastic cups.

*Some old woman, from my hometown, that I didn't know, came up and said I must have been so hot when I graduated from High School. I looked back at her, amazed, and said, "Why not now, it was only four years ago?" She was old, wearing a red football jersey, and I was supposed to know her. She seemed drunk.

*My granparents were there. They walked from the Big Hawaiian stage to some master bedroom in the back of the stage. I followed them and their dog. (In real life, they don't have a dog, but this was real for me then, so maybe they do have a dog).

*At first, their dog looked a little fuzzy, and grey. But as we traveled to this hidden bedroom, he had somehow changed into a rare armadillo dog. My granparents and I talk about how professionals said they've evolved out of full ball ability, but as they were talking about it I watched the little mut curl into a ball. They missed it completely.

*I somehow returned to the stage, but it was no longer in Hawaii. It had become a giant stadium full of even more people than before. It was colossul. 

* I remember the music of Elvis Costello and Johnny cash floating around me.

*My mom, dad, and I had to leave before everyone else got out. There were so many people!

*Felt rushed! But my father and I were carrying balloons, too many! We were taken away by the balloons, past giant collums that held up the roof of the huge stadium and luckily my dad had the genius idea of popping the balloons with his cocktail sword. He popped some of mine and I floated down slowly, but lost sight of my father on the way.

*Mom was never seen again in the dream, but I did not acknowledge this, because it was dad and I in trouble.

*I got to the ground and saw that my dad had somehow beat me down to land before me. I saw that he had tears in his eyes (must have popped one too many balloons) but he would not admit being in pain or misery.

*We got to the exit of the stadium, but it was not normal exit. It looked as if we were leaving the walls of an ancient castle, about to pass over the moat into the world beyond, and two gaurds in garbs of old were gaurding our way. We had to take them out!

*My dad once again used the cocktail sword. He stuck the first one in the chest, then the other tried to save him, and we stuck him in the neck.

*My dad took one into the ancient bathroom to dispose of him and his weapon. he came out and said that one had been taken care of in the best way possible. 

*So, passing into the thick castle-like walls, I went into the bathroom with the gaurd whose disposal was my task, and saw that the bathroom was simply a small room with a hole in the ground, metal grate covering it. The hole was walled with stones, and there was some type of metal pan a little ways down.

*I could see the axe of my dad's man just below the metal pan.

*I saw a hatchet by the hole in the ground.

*I dropped the man down through the grate without even thinking about it, he was just gone. Then i took time to chop up his axe with my hatchet. and helped my father's man's axe be hidden better from sight.

*I took too long! Someone outside had opened the castle gates and was now trying to break down the door. I saw that the little hangin hook, that so many bathroom doors have, to lock it was dangling free. I quickly tried to latch it while the door was being fiercely pounded against, and I woke up.



This dream left me with terribly mixed feelings. I was neither sad nor happy, I was just there. I was surely thankful that I was laying in my bed when I woke up, but that world was interesting enough to go back to again someday. Maybe. It was not my favorite place, but it was interesting enough.


No comments: